Friday, September 30, 2011

Friends

Instead of a random post today, I am going to do an inspirational moment I had a while back.
I remember in 7th and 8th grade, I was jumping around in groups trying to figure out where I fit in. It felt like the longest one and a half years of my life. It wasn't easy either. I had friends, but I never felt like I fit in with them. If I did, I wasn't sure I wanted to be in that group of friends. So it was hard.
Once I hit freshman year, everything seemed to fall into place. But something strange happened. My best guy friend, started to act strange. He just wouldn't talk to me. And anytime I asked if something was wrong, he would.... I guess... flip out. And insist everything was fine. But I was never convinced. One night, everything fell apart. And our friendship ended. The next day I was bummed. When I walked home, I had a lot of time to think. I was Rethinking what happened over and over again. And I was thinking about a lot of other things. Then a thought came to me. That life is kind of like a room. 'Doors' of opportunity open up, and close. I thought of this experience like a door closing. And I could either let this make me super depressed, or I can find another door that is opening. So I decided to not let this keep me from missing out on something great happening.
That same night, i felt the need to read through my journal. Which I hadn't written in for a few months. I blew it off the first couple times, and when I was getting into bed, the thought came through my head again. "read your journal." And I think that happened about 5 times. Finally, I did. And I realized I had forgotten so many things that had happened to me. So I decided i would write in it every night. I did. And I have since December 5th.
Back to the doors of opportunity thing. Something great did happen. About three days later, only because of a weekend. I met an awesome guy. more than one, but there is one that I am going to talk about. Debating whether or not to mention names. Maybe later.
But My life took a turn. He was just so easy to be happy around, And I felt comfortable around him. I could act like the retard I was around him. We never hung out outside of class, but I felt like I could trust him. He seemed like he cared a lot, and when he said he was sorry he meant it. I could just tell. And he actually could cheer me up, when most people couldn't. Which is a big deal to me.
But when all of that happened, I never realized that none of that would have happened if I hadn't decided to snap out of that mood. I wouldn't have ever meet Dennis, and I am so glad I did :)
So the real point of this, is just to say, when you are in a depressing time, try and snap out of it because you may miss a lot of good opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment