Saturday, December 17, 2011

One to ten to one

So recently I have had a super hard time focusing. Either because of thoughts running through my head, not having an attention span, stressing over things... Etc. So I decided to try and help myself focus. So I created the one to ten to one.
Here is what you do.
1. Count slowly from one to ten.
2. List off the things on your mind
3. Address all of them with a reason to stop worrying about them and give yourself a time that you can start thinking about it. (this way you are not forcing the thought out of your mind you are just putting it away for a little)
4. Count from ten to one.
5. (optional) say a little prayer to keep that focus.

So as an example... Say you are worried about a friend and it is complelety keeping you from talking to other people and focusing on what you need to do. Here is what you do:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
I am worried about so and so because of this.
Okay. I know you are worried but now you need to put that out of your mind until you are done doing this project.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

And you are finished. It totally helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment